2016 Student Activities Programming Awards
NOMINATIONS DUE: MAY 13, 2016
Criteria for all Awards
- All applications must be submitted by a student organization officer or student organization advisor.
- Programs which are being nominated for this award must have occurred during the 2015-2016 academic year (August 25, 2015 – May 6, 2016).
- Student Organizations can nominate both small and large programs for award consideration.
- Small Program, Activity or Project- less than 100 students in attendance
- Large Program, Activity or Project- more than 100 students in attendance
- Program: a planned event put on specifically for the TCNJ community.
- Spirit Activity: an activity that encourages increasing school spirit and pride.
- Service Project: a project in which the outcome benefits members of the local, national or international community.
The Outstanding Program of the Year Award recognizes student organization(s) that planned and implemented the most outstanding program, spirit activity, or community service project. The program should be of lasting quality that continues to raise the College’s visibility to the greater community and unites members of the College in the spirit of community. A truly outstanding program would ideally address issues of advocacy, collaboration, and/or diversity.
The Outstanding Program of the Year Award will take the following topics into consideration during the evaluation of the program application:
Advocacy– Recognizes the program or service project that has increased TCNJ community awareness of a civic, social or local community issue.
Collaboration– Recognizes a program that where two or more student groups (organizations, teams etc.) take an active role in co-sponsoring an outstanding program for the TCNJ community.
Diversity– Recognizes a program or spirit activity that celebrates cultural diversity and inclusion; and brings awareness to TCNJ’s mission “to create a climate that is respectful and inclusive to everyone on campus.”
The Legacy Program of the Year Award recognizes the student organization(s) that planned or implemented an ongoing outstanding program, spirit activity, or community service project, which emphasizes bringing the TCNJ community together.
- Program, activity or project must have completed its third year of being presented to be eligible to be considered a legacy.
- Goals of how the program brings the College community together must be outlined in the program description.
The Outstanding New Program of the Year Award recognizes the student organization(s) that planned or implemented a new outstanding program, spirit activity or community service project that has not previously been hosted at TCNJ.
- Program, activity or project must address a need of the College community that has not previously been addressed by any other student group.
- Program, activity or project must not have been previously attempted by another group or hosted by the same group within the last 5 years.
The Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award recognizes the developmental and motivational contributions made both publicly and privately, to members and officers alike, that inspire leadership, challenge thinking, encourage new ideas and initiatives, and empower action.
- This application form may be completed by any member of the student organization.
- Each organization may only nominate one advisor.
- The nominee must be serving in his or her second consecutive semester as advisor or have completed two consecutive semesters in 2014/2015.